Re: KVM on ps3-linux working?

On 12.07.2010, at 09:59, Takuya Yoshikawa wrote:

>>> Are there any restrictions in KVM on ps3 linux?
>>
>> Not really. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that ram is really limited. So make sure you have a lot of swap. In fact, I used to use a PS3 for development and testing quite a lot myself, so it definitely should work.
>>

> Thanks about the info. I could find ps-ubuntu help site, and am using fast swap + usual swap.
> My distro is ubuntu server, sometimes xubuntu for desktop, and a lot of uneeded services are stopped.
>
> So memory usage rate is quite reasonable now.
>

>> Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit userspace on the PS3? I remember having had issues with 64 bit userspace.
>
> I'm using 64 bit. Userspace, you mean qemu?

I mean applications in general, but specifically qemu, yes.

> Is it possible to use 32 bit qemu, cross compiled on somewhere else, on ps3 linux (64bit ppc)?

If you have the libraries - sure! Maybe you can even compile it directly on the ps3 with -m32.

It's just really unusual to see 64 bit userspace on ppc. What does "file /bin/ls" say? If it's really broken with 64 bit userspace, I'll try to debug a bit from my side too.

Alex