Re: device passthrough

* Mu Lin (mul@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Do you know where is the patch, I just need something quick and dirty
> for now, my shining new board does have VT-d but the BIOS is not ready
> yet, I want to have something "working" now.

Sorry, I don't have a handy pointer.  You can search for either pv dma
changes (paravirtualizing the guest's request for dma addrs so that it
gets host physical addr to program card for dma) or reserved-ram for
pci-passthrough (1:1 mapping of guest to host physical memory).  I don't
recall a recent attempt to bring them forward, so expect anything you
find to be quite stale.

thanks,
-chris