Re: FW: About the patch âhttps://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/20240412082121.33382-1-yi.l.liu@xxxxxxxxx/ â for help

On 7/24/2024 8:21 AM, Yi Liu wrote:
> On 2024/7/23 14:52, XueMei Yue wrote:
>> Hi Yi Liu,
>> Thanks for your suggestion!
>> we have tested ATS without PASID successfully.
>> Now I want use PASID to verify other function.maybe not related to ATS.
>> Could you give some suggestion about my example "iommufd0716.cpp", How to make
>> it run successfully via linux user API ?
>> Thanks very much !
>
> you need to make the pasid attach path work first. As I mentioned, the AMD
> driver does not support it yet.

Thanks Yi for responding. I missed this thread.

You are right. Currently AMD driver doesn't support attaching PASID outside SVA
domain.

Regarding ATS, AMD driver enables it by default if both IOMMU and device has ATS
support. So you should be able to use/test this path.

If you want to test PASID/PRI combinations then you can use SVA interfaces.

Regarding exposing PASID to user space via iommufd, we haven't looked into it in
detail. Its in our list. but it will take some time.

-Vasant