From: Yi Liu <yi.l.liu@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 2024年7月23日 11:04
To: XueMei Yue <xuemeiyue@xxxxxxxxxx>; iommu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; alex.williamson@xxxxxxxxxx; robin.murphy@xxxxxxx; eric.auger@xxxxxxxxxx; nicolinc@xxxxxxxxxx; kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; chao.p.peng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; baolu.lu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; joro@xxxxxxxxxx; Suravee Suthikulpanit <suravee.suthikulpanit@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FW: About the patch ”https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/20240412082121.33382-1-yi.l.liu@xxxxxxxxx/ “ for help

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of PetaIO. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.

On 2024/7/23 10:52, XueMei Yue wrote:
> DEAR ALL ,
>
> No  I  have know the root cause ,  the issue  ouccured when below code run my AMD test PC.
>
> So  could you guys  give  some suggestion ?  Will very much appreciate
> if you feel free to reply!!
>
> [cid:image001.png@01DADCEE.6F2E3F80]

For the people that cannot see the picture. It shows the pasid attach path failed as the domain->ops->set_dev_pasid is null, hence failed with EOPNOTSUPP errno.

I don't think the AMD iommu driver has supported the set_dev_pasid callback for the non-SVA domains. Suravee can keep me honest. And you may also need to check if your test PC has the PASID capability.

--
Regards,
Yi Liu