Re: [1/1] KVM: restrict kvm_gfn_to_hva_cache_init() to only accept address ranges within one page

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 4:13 PM Sean Christopherson <seanjc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree that the code isn't straightforward.
> But I don't think this is a problem that can be reasonably solved in the caching
> code, at least not easily, as a lot of the oddities stem from KVM's memslots, and
> KVM's contracts with userspace and the guest.

Thanks!  I agree with you.  It seems using flags to indicate that
cross-page cache
initialization failed and checking flags on following guest memory
read and write also
would mess up the code.  On the other hand, simply refusing to set up the
cross-page cache initialization also would confuse users.  I think it
is good to check
the validity of asserts before using it.  Not sure if a brief comment
is helpful to it.