Re: [1/1] KVM: restrict kvm_gfn_to_hva_cache_init() to only accept address ranges within one page

On Sat, Apr 27, 2024, Kele Huang wrote:
> Although, it is a bit not straightforward to me because it needs to call
> designed functions to do the guest memory read and write even though people
> assume the cache is initialized, or need to do the ghc->memslot checking
> manually before using the fast path.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree that the code isn't straightforward.
But I don't think this is a problem that can be reasonably solved in the caching
code, at least not easily, as a lot of the oddities stem from KVM's memslots, and
KVM's contracts with userspace and the guest.