Re: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for Linux 6.9 merge window

On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:01:47 +0000,
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2024 at 01:48, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Linus, were you compiling with allyesconfig so that you got
> > CONFIG_KVM_ARM64_RES_BITS_PARANOIA on?
>
> Regular allmodconfig.
>
> > You can also make CONFIG_KVM_ARM64_RES_BITS_PARANOIA depend on !COMPILE_TEST.
>
> No.
>
> WTF is wrong with you?
>
> You're saying "let's turn off this compile-time sanity check when
> we're doing compile testing".
>
> That's insane.
>
> The sanity check was WRONG. People hadn't tested it. Stephen points
> out that it was reported to you almost a month ago in
>
>     https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/20240222220349.1889c728@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> and you're still trying to just *HIDE* this garbage?
>
> Stop it.

Well, if you really need to shout at someone, it should be me, as I
was the one who didn't get Stephen's hint last time.

I'll try to resurrect it as a selftest, or maybe just keep it out of
tree for my own use.

	M.