Re: [UNTESTED] KVM: do not call kvm_set_irq from irq disabled section

On 04/23/2010 07:05 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:

>>> Works for me, but on large guests the spinning will be noticeable.
>>> I believe.
>>>
>> For interrupts going through IOPIC, but we know this is not scalable
>> anyway.
>>

> Yes.  We also wanted to convert the ioapic/pic to spinlocks so we could
> queue the interrupt from the PIT directly instead of using
> KVM_REQ_PENDING_TIMER which keeps confusing me.  Chris Lalancette posted
> a patchset for this a while back but it was never completed.

Yeah, I'm sorry I never completed it.  It turns out that with the HPET
changes that went in around the time I was looking at it, that set of
patches wasn't really required to fix the problem I was seeing with kdump.

That being said, if it's useful to somebody, I can repost the patches
(though they are woefully out-of-date now).  Let me know if you want
to see them again.

--
Chris Lalancette