Re: KVM: x86: Push potential exception error code on task switches

On 04/14/2010 03:58 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

The TSS descriptor (gate doesn't have a size).  But isn't it possible to
have a 32-bit TSS with a 16-bit CS/SS?
Might be possible, but will cause troubles as the spec says:

"The error code is pushed on the stack as a doubleword or word
(depending on the default interrupt, trap, or task gate size)."

My guess is that this is an error and that the 32-bitness of a TSS only refers to the format of the TSS, and has nothing to do with the code that actually runs. I'll ask Intel about it. Meanwhile this can be applied, if there's a problem with 16-bit exception handlers running through a 32-bit task referenced by a task gate in the IDT, it can be fixed later.