Re: AW: Kvm migration problem

(Please keep the list on CC:!)
Wagner, Kai wrote:
Hey,

no i used the real .vmdk. I'll tried to convert a linux
> image from vmware to windows and that worked fine with
"kvm convert ...". But if i do the same with a windows .vmdk
> i cant boot this image. It always came a bluescreen which
> told me to to chkdsk because the image isn´t bootable.
Ah, that one ;-(

> I also tried to start with the windows cd and the recovery
> mode to do chkdsk, but that also wont work. Now i found
> something with mergeide.reg and i have to enable ide
> controller befor converting the images. is that the
> right way to do it?
Probably yes. Windows is very picky about some disk internals, so you may look for hints on moving physical hard disks with Windows on it on the Web. For the Windows installation moving from VMware to KVM looks like you moved the hard disk into another computer.

Regards,
Andre.