Re: Kvm migration problem

Wagner, Kai wrote:
Hey,
im from germany and new in kvm. I'll tried the how-to's from your
> page to migrate an windows vmware .vmdk to a kvm image.
Do you mean the lower paragraph of this one?
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_To_Migrate_From_Vmware_To_KVM

I'll also
> tried so start the kvm with "kvm -drive file ..." but that also
> wont work. I'll hope you could get me an answer how to migrate
> my vmware .vmdk to an working kvm img.
Have you used the right .vmdk? Sometimes VMware creates a small text file containing only a few hundred bytes of text describing the actual disk. If you convert (or use) this file, it will create (or use) an empty disk image. If "$ file foo.qcow2" reports something with "size 0 + 0", you should look into the original .vmdk file, find the real file name and convert (or use) this one.

edit: If i want to start the converted img it always told me,
> that there is problem with the img.
Can you tell us the actual message?

HTH,
Andre.