Re: Setting nx bit in virtual CPU

On 10/04/10 00:45, Andre Przywara wrote:
> Richard Simpson wrote:
>> On 08/04/10 09:52, Andre Przywara wrote:

> OK, AFAIK there are several flags missing. I dimly remember there was a
> bug with masking the CPUID bits in older kernels, so I guess you have to
> celebrate your uptime for the last time and then give it a reboot with a
> more up-to-date host kernel.
> (I also rebooted my desktop after I made the one year and now am gone
> green with turning it off over night ;-)
> Maybe you get around with rebuilding fixed versions of kvm.ko and
> kvm_amd.ko, I can provide a fix for you if you wish (please point me to
> a way to get the actual kernel source you use).
> The userspace was up-to-date? (qemu-kvm 0.12.3)?

Well, its funny how these things turn out.  On Saturday, my better half
insisted that I replace a mains socket.  It wasn't on the same ring main
as the server so I just switched off the relevant circuit breaker and
got on with it.  Unfortunately, whilst I was doing the work the main RCD
tripped, probably because I let the Neutral and Earth touch which can
cause that to happen sometimes.  Anyway, by the time I realised there
was a problem the old batteries in my UPS had given up and my uptime was
over with a grand total of 382 days, 12:07:24!  If this had happened a
few weeks ago I would probably have thrown myself from the roof!  In my
previous house, I installed a special circuit for the server not
protected by an RCD especially to avoid problems of this sort.  Adding
one in my current house has now moved a long way up my "To Do" list!

The server has started again, but a few things still aren't happy.  As
soon as I have them sorted I will step up to the latest kernel and let
you know what difference it makes.

Thanks,

	Richard