Re: PCI passthrough resource remapping

2010/3/31 Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> So I suppose I'll need to get rid of this shared IRQ before I can
>> conclude anything on the patch in git. Hmm, is there some cleaver way
>> of fixing this in Linux, or do I have to fix it by changing BIOS IRQ
>> settings, disabling hardware and/or moving the hardware around in
>> various PCI slots?
>
> The way I typically work around this is simply unbinding the driver from
> the device in the host (and thus freeing the irq).

Doh...anyway, I went all the way, found a USB->PS2 adaptor, disabled
the onboard USB controller and PATA controller in BIOS, and now got
"kvm_assigned_intx_device" for all 4 IRQs :)

Booting the guest and tuning to a DVB-T channel _works_ !!! :-D Thanks
a lot for your help...I have one more question, though: If I have two
devices (like the ivtv tuner and the USB card) and they share an IRQ,
if I then assign BOTH of them to the same guest, will it then work?

Alexander, the patch works, I hope to see it in a stable release in
the near future ;)

Best Regards
Kenni