Re: [GIT PULL] KVM: x86: First batch of updates for 6.1, i.e. kvm/queue

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 1:17 AM Sean Christopherson <seanjc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > First batch of x86 updates for 6.1, i.e. for kvm/queue.  I was planning to get
> > this out (much) earlier and in a smaller batch, but KVM Forum and the INIT bug
> > I initially missed in the nested events series threw a wrench in those plans.
> >
> > Note, there's one arm64 patch hiding in here to account KVM's stage-2 page
> > tables in the kernel's memory stats.
>
> Thanks, I didn't get a respin so I just rebased to remove the problematic
> commits.

Sorry, was planning on getting that done today.

> >   - The aforementioned nested events series (Paolo, Sean)
>
> Applied on top.
>
> >   - APICv/AVIC fixes/cleanups (Sean)
> >   - Hyper-V TLB flush enhancements (Vitaly)
>
> These should wait for 6.2.

Agreed, I was overly optimistic in hoping the series wouldn't require additional
changes.

> >   - Small-ish PMU fixes (Like, Sean)
> >   - Misc cleanups (Miaohe, et al)
>
> These can be in a separate pull request.

I think it makes sense to grab a few "safe" PMU fixes from Like, but for everything
else I'll wait for 6.2 as well.

Thanks!