Re: [Autotest] [RFC] KVM test: Ship rss.exe and finish.exe binaries with KVM test

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Uri Lublin <uril@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/02/2010 01:48 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues wrote:
>> So, what are your opinions? Should we ship the binaries or pursue a
>> script that can build those for the user as soon as the (yet to be
>> integrated) get_started.py script runs? Remember that the later might
>> mean users of RHEL<= 5.X and debian like will be left out in the cold.
>
> 4) Another option is to make winutils.iso available (somewhere on the web),
> and download it in get_started.py (similar to other iso images used by kvm
> test).

Yes, that's a good idea. I was thinking that we could improve
winutils.iso to include a script to install virtio drivers and,
perhaps, e1000 drivers for XP, however I am not certain if doing so is
legal (shipping e1000 drivers on a CD).

--
Lucas