Re: A really weird guest crash, that ONLY happens on KVM, and ONLY on 6th gen+ Intel Core CPU's

Welp, I had to reinstall VMWare Player on this host, and after finding
out that the only way to get past the "join the customer experience
improvement program" prompt was to run the blasted thing as root ONCE,
I was able to build a new VM... SMAP is enabled there... Annnnd.
Kaboom. I looked at the ESX servers that I have my Linux test VM's on,
and no SMAP. So *of course* there's no crash.

So, in the immortal words of Emily Latella: Oh... Never Mind!

At least I now know.