Discordant results between UnixBench and nBench

All,

I am performing a study about KVM.
(Shame on me, I did not check the version of kvm module. All I know is
that I was using the last Red Hat EL 5.4. Anyway).

 I used a DELL server 2950, with:
- 1 processor Xeon L5240 (3 Ghz, 6 Mo cache)
- 8 GB of RAM
- 4 disks SAS 15k in RAID-1

I created a procedure consist to launch a benchmark on several
virtual machine at the same time. Each session consist in testing X VM,
where X comes from 1 to 8. With nbench, I collected all results and
extracted an average value of results for each VM. Then, I multiplied
these average values by the number of VM in test, getting one unique
and generic value per session of test.
I did nearly the same with unixbench.

On the host side, I launched the same tests, except that instead of
running them in separate VM, I just launched several threads at the
same time thanks to a script.

My main purpose is watching the overhead due to these different
hypervisors, according bechmark results. I am not really in trouble
with KVM itself, but results of my benchmarks:

-> http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9279/nbench.png
-> http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/953/unixbench.png

Indeed, where I have all results growing from 1 VM tested to 8 VM, we
can see the host growing from 1 to 8 VM. which seems good. But KVM
only increases from 1 to 4 VM, and then stays on the same order of
results, without growing anymore.
The situation is inverse on Unixbench, where KVM seems to
follow host's performances.

So now I wonder which test is reliable. Is unixbench right? It is
possible, I don't know why KVM could be so different from the host
since it can use hardware CPU instructions for virtualization. In the
other hand, nbench is in fact doing 3 tests(Fourrier, Neural Net,
LU decomposition) and unixbench only 1 (whetstone).
This last test could be outdated and therefore nbench in
the truth?

I've got nearly the same problems with integers tests (nbench vs
unixbench) and cache memory (nbench vs cachebench).

Anyone have got an idea?

--
Matthieu Olivier