Re: SIGTERM to qemu-kvm process destroys qcow2 image?

On 12/17/2009 11:38 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
2009/12/17 Avi Kivity<avi@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On 12/17/2009 02:52 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
Yesterday I entered an invalid boot device as an argument to my
qemu-kvm command for my Windows XP machine, causing an error about a
missing boot device in the qemu BIOS/POST. As I didn't have any
filesystems mounted inside the virtual machine (since it was stuck at
the BIOS asking for a device to boot), I did a kill $pid, fixed the
boot device in the qemu-kvm command and tried booting again...but with
no luck, whatever I try now with qemu-kvm gives me the error:
qemu: could not open disk image /data/virtualization/WindowsXP.img

And qemu-img (check, convert, etc) gives me:
qemu-img: Could not open 'WindowsXP.img'

Can you post the first 4K of the image?  It shouldn't contain private data,
but go over it (or don't post) if you sensitive information there.
4K dump attached.

Seems fine.  Kevin can you take a look?

You have a backing file.  Do qemu-img info and qemu-img check like it?