Re: kvm problems on new hardware

On 10/26/2009 12:06 PM, Danny ter Haar wrote:
Hello,
I have a KVM virtualization problem.
I've put together new hardware (supermicro) server with 2 E5530 cpu's
and memory&  disk to start experimenting with virtualization.

I intend to use the www.proxmox.com system/setup.
I installed proxmox and started stress testing the hardware:
parallel kernel compiles in a loop (concurrency_level=32)&
memtest86+ during the night etc.
The hardware/os performs rocksolid when i stress test it, but the moment
i start a virtual guest (eg debian netinstall) i get the first screen of the
installation procedure in a vnc screen. I choose either normal install or
expert install , the guest screen goes blank with only a cursor and the
kvm process prints an error on the console and starts to eat cpu cycles.
So the host OS is not barfing, only the kvm process is giving problems and the
guest is frozen.

Does this happen for all guests (different OSes), or just this one?

Please provide a link to the install media.