RE: Unix domain socket device

>Hi all, as I can read from the website, a point of the kvm TODO list is "Add a Unix domain socket device. With this, the >guest can talk to a pci device which is connected to a Unix domain socket on the host.", it is classified as a smaller >scale task that can be done by someone wishing to get involved.
>
>Since the Unix domain socket device is exactly what I need for my degree thesis, I can (I have to) develop this >device, >but I'm a little lost in the kvm sources and documentation; so I need someone that points me to the right >place >(documentation and source code) where to start from.
>
>I have a fair knowledge in programming, expecially with C, and a "not so bad" knowledge of linux sources since I >supervised the porting of linux for the Sam440ep board[1].
>
>Regards, Giuseppe
>
>[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam440ep

I also have a need for talking to host PCI devices from a KVM guest.
vmchannel could be used, but I need this code to be portable, so I'd
like to use domain sockets instead.

To that end, would an implementation of domain sockets be made
available to guests in the form of a kvm_io_device?  af_unix sockets
aren't really "devices," but using existing kvm iodev infrastructure
would be nice.