[ kvm-Bugs-2844286 ] kvm hangs when iommu used

Bugs item #2844286, was opened at 2009-08-25 10:59
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by mjcoss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2844286&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: kernel
Group: None

Initial Comment:
CPU: Intel i7 975 Extreme Edition
Host:  Gentoo w/2.6.31-rc6 kernel 32bit
Guest: Windows XP sp3 32bit

I'm trying to use Vt-d to enable pci pass through of a Nvidia  GTX 295 card, and I currently have 2 issues.  The first is that when I shutdown the kvm, the process hangs.  It can't be killed, and it uses 100% utilization of the cpu that it's running on.  As expected, it prevents the system from shutting down and I have to reset the machine.  The second issue is that when I start the kvm, I get an error message

Option ROM size fe00 exceeds available space
Option ROM size fe00 exceeds available space

If I don't try to use pass through the KVM starts and stops fine.  Under windows, it sees the GTX 295, and allowed me to install the driver, but it fails to start with error message that it doesn't have enough resources to start.  I have tried kvm-88, and the latest qemu-kvm-0.11.0-rc1.  I have also tried it with a Linux distribution, OpenSUSE, and the X server doesn't start, however I do get a message from the driver that I'm still tracking down.