[ kvm-Bugs-2793994 ] kvm doesn't work when VirtualBox' vboxdrv module is loaded

Bugs item #2793994, was opened at 2009-05-19 20:52
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by avik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2793994&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: Interface (example)
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Reproduction:
1. Load kvm_amd kernel module
2. Start kvm VM with kvm command
3. Stop kvm VM
4. Load VirtualBox vboxdrv kernel module
5. Start VirtualBox GUI, start VM, exit VM, close VirtualBox GUI
6. Start kvm VM with kvm -vnc ... command

Actual result:
All steps up to step 5 work.
In Step 6, kvm starts and keeps running, I can connect to VNC, but I only get a black screen. No error message.

Expected result:
In step 6, kvm command immediately exits, with an error message:
"Another virtual machine manager like VirtualBox, Xen or VMWare is running at the moment. Check 'lsmod' that no virtual machine manager modules other than 'kvm*' are loaded."

Date: 2009-08-10 15:09

Message:
Take this to virtualbox support, we don't control their code.