Re: [Autotest] autotest exception in windows 2003 guest (ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '%errorlevel%)

On 7/27/09, Michael Goldish <mgoldish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like you're using opensshd with cygwin -- not the one we normally
> install on guests, but rather one that outputs colorful text. Is that right?
> Which server are you using exactly?
> There's not much I can do against colorful text, because it's difficult to
> automatically strip the weird formatting characters from the output.
>
> I suggest that you:
>
> - Use another server, like the cygwin+opensshd we normally use for Windows
> guests (http://sshwindows.webheat.co.uk/), or if you're not using SCP with
This does not install the server on my win2k8 Datacentre 64. Though
client works fine.

> Windows, you can use rss.exe which I posted recently -- it's the easiest to
> install and works with all Windows versions (ssh doesn't always work). If
Can you please share the binary? I wana give it a try.

> you use rss.exe make sure you use telnet as a client (not ssh) by setting
> "use_telnet = yes" for the relevant guest in kvm_tests.cfg. The best client
> is actually raw nc, which I'll post patches to support soon, but telnet
> should work too (though it will produce a double echo for each command).
>
> - Use a more recent version of KVM-Autotest. kvm_subprocess recently got
> into the tree, and it handles weird responses to "echo %errorlevel%" better
> (especially double echo), but as long as the output is colored, it still
> won't work. If you upgrade, make sure you also apply the patch that fixes
> kvm_subprocess on Python 2.6 (if you use 2.6), or just wait until Lucas
> applies the patch to the tree.
>
> I know this seems a little messy, but if you wait a little while everything
> will sort itself out -- if I understand correctly, we are moving towards
> using rss.exe on all Windows guests, with nc as a client, and with
> kvm_subprocess controlling the client, and then most of the problems should
> go away (hopefully).
I will be so happy. At present autotes is almost of no use for windows
with copssh and openssh. boot reboot code works fine  but migrate code
cause problem due to the colorful text of the prompt. I wana get out
of this issue as soon as possible. please share the binaries with me
so that we can come to know of issues if any and make this ssh server
more robust.
thanks in advance.

> Thanks,
> Michael