>From the hypervisor (ie, *outside* the vm), a top command show that the VM consuming 9 cpu: https://framadrop.org/r/-FmrBhMGX5#q/6aZ8Fq2Mnuzz3+6F/pa83U+jzPox1hd984tw7DkuA=

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, an parameter of kernel of our VM is idel=poll that we should change?

Thanks again,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : mardi 7 janvier 2020 17:59
À : Gregory Esnaud <Gregory.ESNAUD@xxxxxxxx>; kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Newbie question] Why usage of CPU inside VM and outside VM is different

On 07/01/20 16:57, Gregory Esnaud wrote:

> From an hypervisor (via top command) point of view our VM is consuming
> 9 CPU (900%). This was reported by our platform provider.
> From a VM point of view we are consuming only 2 CPU (200%), with a top
> also.
>
> Our provider claim us to explain why we are consuming so much CPU.
> But we cannot troubleshoot the infra as it's not our responsibility.
> From our point of view, everything is ok.

Are you using only 2 CPUs at 100%, or are you using 9 CPUs at a total of 200%?  If the former, it is possible that you are using something like idle=poll, so the machine _is_ idle but still consuming 100% host CPU.
This is something that you should know, however.

If the latter, the host is probably doing a little bit of busy waiting to improve your performance.  The provider can disable it using the
kvm.halt_poll_ns=0 module parameter and there is nothing that you can do about it.  But it is unlikely that it causes the utilization to jump so much.

Paolo