[Newbie question] Why usage of CPU inside VM and outside VM is different

Hello dear ML!

We have deployed our application on an openstack RedHat platform with a KVM integration.
Our VM have 14 vCPU 'reserved'.

>From an hypervisor (via top command) point of view our VM is consuming 9 CPU (900%). This was reported by our platform provider.
>From a VM point of view we are consuming only 2 CPU (200%), with a top also.

Our provider claim us to explain why we are consuming so much CPU. But we cannot troubleshoot the infra as it's not our responsibility. From our point of view, everything is ok.

Would you please give any bugs/config/whatever that could help us to drive our provider to a misconfiguration or whatever?

Thanks very much,
Greg