Re: Tap initialization

On 07/07/2009 09:48 PM, Stephane Bakhos wrote:
I've been having some problem with recent releases when it comes to tap initialization. It seems that the script is ran after the tap is opened. I think this is a bit weird and useless as I want the script to setup the tap by itself.

In net.c, the initialization (I assume) happen in
static int net_tap_init

setup_script is called after tap_open with the fd from tap_open as a parameter.

However in setup_script, the fd is basically not used.

Would there be any reason not to remove the fd parameter to setup_script, and then call setup_script before tap_open ?

I've tried it with kvm-86 and it seems to work

You can get the same effect by setting up tap before launching qemu, and using qemu -net tap,ifname=...,script=no.

signature is too narrow to contain.