Re: Latest kvm autotest patch queue

sudhir kumar 写道:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues<lmr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
KVM Autotest patch queue

Michael Goldish (mgoldish@xxxxxxxxxx)

1) KVM test: optionally convert PPM files to PNG format after test - Reviewed

2) Step file tests: introducing a new feature and some small changes - Reviewed

3) Introducing kvm_subprocess - Reviewed

Jason Wang (jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx)

1) TAP network support in kvm-autotest

Michael Goldish has a similar patch to this one, so we need to decide which one
I remember Michael's patch using nmap to get the ip of the guest. I
tested the patch and found nmap taking too long to do a lookup and get
the guest ip. I will suggets two things here.
1. Modify nmap options to make nmap lookup really faster.
2. Provide an option to use a dictionary based(mac address to ip
mapping) lookup in config file and return mapped ip for a mac address.

I can send a patch for option 2 on top of Michael's patch. In the
simplest form it will generate a dictionary from a macaddress vs IP
address list(provided by the dhcp server in your lab/environment. you
can put this list in a file and use it). You need to specify macaddr
parameter in config file from this list. Looking the mac address the
parser will return the corresponding ip address from the dictionary
generated.

Please let me know if 2 sounds good. Also I think I missed to look at
Jason's patch?
My patch could be seen at http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/23524/. I think the mac:ip dictionary is not flexible enough especially in a network with public dhcp server. The scanning method could be used in either public or private bridge. But my patch still have some problems to solve and need advices: 1 Mac address generation: I could rework the patch and make it could accept user specified address range, but the user should guarantee its validity. 2 IP scanner: Is there any option of nmap could make the scanning faster than -sP? I also agree that nmap is not a elegant method, but it seems the sole choice ( or write a simple scanner through python?) . Another method is to snoop the dhcp session through tcpdump during the vm.create() but this method does not feed for all dhcp server. 3 I want the make network method to be an exclusive options and want to know if it is useful to have both user mode nics and bridge nics simultaneously. 4 Based on advices of Michael Goldish I would add an index to get_address() and get_port() to adapt the environments with multiple nics.

I would rework the patches based on the comments, and like to see the patch of michael.
Thanks.
**