Re: Latest kvm autotest patch queue

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues<lmr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> KVM Autotest patch queue

> Michael Goldish (mgoldish@xxxxxxxxxx)
>
> 1) KVM test: optionally convert PPM files to PNG format after test - Reviewed
>
> 2) Step file tests: introducing a new feature and some small changes - Reviewed
>
> 3) Introducing kvm_subprocess - Reviewed

> Jason Wang (jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx)
>
> 1) TAP network support in kvm-autotest
>
> Michael Goldish has a similar patch to this one, so we need to decide which one
I remember Michael's patch using nmap to get the ip of the guest. I
tested the patch and found nmap taking too long to do a lookup and get
the guest ip. I will suggets two things here.
1. Modify nmap options to make nmap lookup really faster.
2. Provide an option to use a dictionary based(mac address to ip
mapping) lookup in config file and return mapped ip for a mac address.

I can send a patch for option 2 on top of Michael's patch. In the
simplest form it will generate a dictionary from a macaddress vs IP
address list(provided by the dhcp server in your lab/environment. you
can put this list in a file and use it). You need to specify macaddr
parameter in config file from this list. Looking the mac address the
parser will return the corresponding ip address from the dictionary
generated.

Please let me know if 2 sounds good. Also I think I missed to look at
Jason's patch?
> is going to be used. Michael, when possible, please send your patch to support
> TAP network on the kvm test.

> David Huff (dhuff@xxxxxxxxxx)
>
> 1) Unattended installs - Needs review
>
> Reviewed. Changes made to the unattended script, would like to create a python
> module to handle the unattended install and study the possibility of doing things
> with cobbler.
>
> 2) Move kvm functional tests to a 'test' directory
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kvm/2009/5/26/5812453
>
> I have reworked this patch and made my own version. I need to split it into
> smaller patches though.
>
> Needs review

> Yogi (anantyog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
>
> 1) Support for remote migration
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kvm/2009/4/30/5607344/thread
>
> Rebased the patch. However, the patch review and discussion shows that we want
> to implement remote migration as a server side test instead of a client side
> one. The rebase is just in case we need this in the future.
>
> Probably not going to apply, look at a different way to implement the test.

> Alexey Eromenko (aeromenk@xxxxxxxxxx)
>
> 1) New test module: iperf
>
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kvm/2009/5/31/5840973/thread
>
> Rebase made, made some comments to it.
>  * The idea of shipping binaries doesn't look very appealing to me
>  * Autotest already has an iperf test, might be worth a look for linux guests
>
> Pending some issues during review.

Sudhir Kumar