Re: [KVM_AUTOTEST] unattended installs take 2

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 17:50 -0400, David Huff wrote:
> Second pass at the unattended install test.  Both Linux and Windows guests are
> working however currently it just uses the existing boot test and extends
> timeouts.  We still need a good way of determining if an unattended install
> completed without error. For Linux guest we should be able to run something
> similar to a regular boot test, after reboot try to ssh in.  For windows guest
> we still have to run setup in order to have shh up.
>
> Requires the processor patch as well as the patch to "strip and split" patches.
>
> Scripts still uses loop back mounts for now we can upgrade this in the future
> however most generic way of creating and manipulating disk images.
>
> 5 patches in this set
> 0005-Modified-boot-test-in-kvm_test.py.patch
> 0004-Added-two-sample-unattended-config-files-Fedora-and.patch
> 0003-added-unattended.sh-script.patch
> 0002-modified-config-file-to-run-unattended-install.patch
> 0001-Added-floppy-and-tftp-options-to-qemu-command.patch

I've been trough the changes, thank you for your work David:
Comments/questions:

 * Any particular reason why you guys wrote the PXE boot setup as a
shell script instead of a python module (that could be also used as a
stand alone program)?
 * The script had some unused variables, and some extra debugging
statements would be helpful. I've modified the original script a bit and
I am attaching it to this message, please verify if the changes make
sense.

Your changes are an excellent starting point for getting unattended
installs integrated. So things I'd like to explore:

 * Turn the script into a python module
 * See whether the development version of cobbler already handles
windows appropriately. Maybe for now cobbler is not an option, but we
can revisit it in the future.
 * Create an install test that would take as the parameter the type of
installation we want to perform (steps/unattended).

Any comments/suggestions please let me know.

Lucas