Re: KVM hang after OOM

On Mon 19-03-18 21:23:12, Mikhail Gavrilov wrote:
> Good news 4.16.0-rc6 with proposed patch not hangs after OOM anymore!
> Of course I would be more happy If was possible protect GUI from
> memory pressing and save responsiveness from lags when system begin

It seems it is "Web Content" that is eating a lot of memory. Maybe it
would help to put this process into a dedicated memory cgroup with some
reasonable limit and thus reduce the pressure to the system as whole.

[...]
> using swap actively.
> But I'm already satisfied with proposed patch.
>
> I am attached dmesg when I triggering OOM three times. And every time
> after it system survived.
> I think this patch should be merged in mainline.

Could you be more specific what is _this_ patch, please?
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs