Unsure how to file this complex qemu-kvm bug

There's a bug in qemu-kvm, but only when using OVMF. It's very complicated software and I did my best to research how to file a meaningful and detailed bug for it but I'm stumped.

The problem only occurs with Windows 7 and Windows 10 guests using OVMF, and prevents passthrough HDMI from working on my R9-390 GPU, the video itself is fine. The GPU HDMI works perfectly with SeaBIOS and bare metal installs (I did bare metal test installs of both W7 and W10 in UEFI mode). I normally run an Ubuntu 16.04 host, but also did a test install with Ubuntu 17.04 since it has the latest qemu-kvm. I then did a test install with a Fedora 27 host and the results were the same. Of course I also tried a plethora of different W7/W10 HDMI driver versions, and worked on the problem for over two weeks trying to solve it.

I would be content with SeaBIOS but though it works great with my GPU HDMI it has passthrough problems with other things, in my case Marvell SATA controllers (I tried 7 different Marvell chipset version PCIE cards as well as my motherboard Marvell chipset). As a result I had to reconfigure my computer and give up 5 SATA ports using a degraded configuration. By the way the ASM1061 isn't an option because I'm trying to passthrough an optical drive, which causes kernel hangs and crashes with all versions up to 4.14.

So if someone could point me in the right direction on how to file this bug I'll be happy to do whatever work is necessary, this is a fairly critical issue fore me. I'm an embedded systems designer so I have substantial technical skills, and have fully installed OVMF W7 and W10 guests. As I said I just have have no idea where to begin to file a meaningful bug report that can actually help developers discover the problem.

Thank you for your help,
Robert M. Muncrief