Re: [RFC] Another Para-Virtualization page recycler. Empty Guest OS free pages every few seconds

On 20/09/2017, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> But how do you map the PPR interface on Windows guests? Is there really
> a hook in the Windows kernel that can be used, or do we need MS to add
> that feature?

For Windows guest, PPR should be adapted to the page-allocation interface,
but we haven't found the corresponding interface in windows, so we adapted to
windows based on ballooning driver.

In the driver, we allocate memory pages from the guest, set a mark and put into a pool.
The size of the pool is adjusted dynamically according to the actual memory usage of the guest.

and the PPR for windows can be found here:
https://github.com/baibantech/kvm-guest-drivers-windows.git

gaspar