Does KVM suffer from ACK-compression as you increase the number of VMs?

I recently read the following paper from 2004 that discusses ACK- compression in a VMware GSX 2.5.1 environment.
http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~jmarty/papers/ccn2004.pdf

I was wondering if anyone had checked to see if KVM also suffers from ACK-compression as you increase the number of VMs on each host (increasing virtualization overhead)?

If it does suffer delays, what solutions exist for remedying this?

In addition to that, I was also curious what the maximum number of VMs people have been able to fit on a host, and what bottlenecks they encountered as they reached a maximum level of VMs before things fell apart.

thanks,

andrew