Re: Problem doing pci passthrough of the network card without VT-d

Passera, Pablo R wrote:
Hi Anna,

Are you expecting this to work using the 1:1 mapping for direct device assignment?
Actually, I want to use the current qemu implementation for this. AFAIK from the code seems that qemu mmaps the device memory into the qemu pci subsystem memory space. Is this correct?

It does, but without 1:1 mapping or pvdma, we can't tell the device where to dma.

In fact I don't get any errors on the guest side, so it is hard to track what is wrong.
In the guest I am getting an error in dmesg saying "Detected Tx Unit Hang"

You're lucky, you could have total memory corruption in the host.