Re: kvm-autotest: The automation plans?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:22 PM, jason wang <jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sudhir kumar 写道:
>>
>> Hi Uri/Lucas,
>>
>> Do you have any plans for enhancing kvm-autotest?
>> I was looking mainly on the following 2 aspects:
>>
>> (1).
>> we have standalone migration only. Is there any plans of enhancing
>> kvm-autotest so that we can trigger migration while a workload is
>> running?
>> Something like this:
>> Start a workload(may be n instances of it).
>> let the test execute for some time.
>> Trigger migration.
>> Log into the target.
>> Check if the migration is succesful
>> Check if the test results are consistent.
>>

> We have some patches of ping pong migration and workload adding. The
> migration is based on public bridge and workload adding is based on running
> benchmark in the background of guest.
Cool. I would like to have look on them. So how do you manage the
background process/thread?

>> (2).
>> How can we run N parallel instances of a test? Will the current
>> configuration  be easily able to support it?
>>
>> Please provide your thoughts on the above features.
>>

> The parallelized instances could be easily achieved through job.parallel()
> of autotest framework, and that is what we have used in our tests. We have
> make some helper routines such as get_free_port to be reentrant through file
> lock.
> We've implemented following test cases: timedrift(already sent here),
> savevm/loadvm, suspend/resume, jumboframe, migration between two machines
> and others. We will sent it here for review in the following weeks.
> There are some other things could be improved:
> 1) Current kvm_test.cfg.sample/kvm_test.cfg is transparent to autotest
> server UI. This would make it hard to configure the tests in the server
> side. During our test, we have merged it into control and make it could be
> configured by "editing control file" function of autotest server side web
> UI.
Not much clue here. But I would like to keep the control file as
simple as possible and as much independent of test scenarios as
possible. kvm_tests.cfg should be the right file untill and unless it
is impossible to do by using it.
> 2) Public bridge support: I've sent a patch(TAP network support in
> kvm-autotest), this patch needs external DHCP server and requires nmap
> support. I don't know whether the method of original kvm_runtes_old(DHCP
> server of private bridge) is preferable.
The old approach is better. All might not be able to run an external
DHCP server for running the test. I do not see any issue with the old
approach.

--
Sudhir Kumar