Virtio blk latency

Hi Stefan,

We are measuring virtio blk latency in linux containers following the method presented by you in
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Virtio/Block/Latency  and we have some questions:

1. Does a single paio_submit call is followed by a pair of virtio_queue_notify/vitio_notify ?
or a single paio_submit call could be followed by several virtio_queue_notify/vitio_notify traces.

2. Sometimes Host kvm.ko (kvm_pio:pio_write) traces appear to have less latency than QEMU paio/virtio traces and in theory they should be grater... do you think this is due to the clock we are using in the host/guest? we've tried several combinations of clocks but so far no luck or at least none has been consistent.

3. Because we have not observed results for QEMU paio latency when tracking posix_aio_process_queue( ) , we opted for measuring 'paio' latency but with the event 'paio_submit'. Do you think that could be ok to measure qemu paio latency?

Thank you In advance.

David Esparza.