Re: patch for virtual machine oriented scheduling(1)

alex wrote:
Just wondering, was it not possible to introduce a new scheduling class in
the current scheduler?  My impression was that the current scheduler was
fairly modular and should allow this.

-Andrew
The reasons are:
1. I am afraid that modifications to the Linux scheduler might cause
unexpected effects, because it is a global one.

True, extra care is needed.

2. an extra execution control solution like mine is the simplest one
to implement.

But it results in an overall more complex system.

3. As far as I can see, the benefit of replacing Linux scheduler only
lies that as soon as a scheduling decision is made, it can be put into
practice immediately. I think this benefit is neglectable.

It also make maintenance easier, and brings the benefits to ordinary (non-kvm) processes.