Re: question on KVM run flow on Intel-VT

Hi Greg,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:05:23AM -0400, Gregory Haskins wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Bruce MaJia wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:55:49PM +0800, MaJia wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am learning kvm + Intel-VT nowadays. Since I am rookie on both kvm and
> >> Intel-VT, I got following questions about run flow of kvm on vmx.
> >>

> The Intel Software Developers Manual, Volume 3B, Chapter 21 is your
> friend :)
>
> http://download.intel.com/design/processor/manuals/253669.pdf

Thanks for your response.

I actually take a quick glance at the Ch21 of Vol3B. I can found a list
in the chapter about 'xxx instruction will cause' vmexit and 'xxx will
cause vmexit if reg.xyz == abc' or 'xxx will not cause vmexit on
condition zzz'. But I could not find some clarification about:

? What is the cpu mode when vmexit occur.
? What is the behavior of cpu.
? Will it fetch next instruction from fixed phy addr?
? Or will it read next instruction from according vmcs?
? Or the cpu will just follow the standard process to handle
interrupt/exception?

Maybe I went too fast and miss some important information. Will you
speard a few words to guide me to correct point? Thanks in advance.

Bruce.