Re: Split kvm source tarballs

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
- move qemu to the root of the repository, and reparent libkvm/ user/ and friends under it. this will give us easier merging.

Yeah.  While you're at it user/ might be renamed to something more
descriptive.

The subdirectory test/ under it can be ported to run under qemu and contributed into qemu's test suite.

- move the external module kit into kvm.git

As in your kvm development kernel tree?  Not sure it's a good idea
to suck this into a full kernel tree.  Probably worth making it a small
repository of it's own.

If the repo contains only the kit (external-module.h and the hack scripts) we'll be left with dual repositories with their confusion and unbisectability. If the repo contains both the kit and the code, I'll need to commit every kvm.git change into that repository, which I'm sure to botch now and then.

Do you see any specific problem with dropping kvm-userspace.git/kernel/* under kvm.git/scripts/kvm/?