Re: Split kvm source tarballs

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 08:44:58AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> That's what I figured.  FWIW, the split tarballs work just fine for me.
>
> It may be worth waiting to do step 2 until the IO thread is merged.  I
> think once that happens, we could probably do a sprint to get rid of
> libkvm in kvm-userspace.  That would certainly simplify things.

Yeah.  And having the both common and split repos just confuses the
heck out of any user of the repository.  I think the right way to split
it to wait for libkvm going away and just have a qemu-kvm repository
and an entirely separate kernel module repository.  It's not like there
is anything common but the few exported ABI headers, and we can either
keep them in both (would mean qemu-kvm can always build against a
defined set of headers) or make qemu-kvm require a kernel source like
the current kvm support in upstream qemu.