Fwd: [ERROR] INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation! sleeping for 30 seconds.

KVM Team,

We have a user that is experiencing an odd issue when trying to create
VMs on his system which causes the entire host to crash, printing the
following message to the console:

[ERROR] INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation! sleeping for 30 seconds.

We have never seen this issue before, but the user's hardware is quite
old (circa 2008).  The odd thing is that he is having no issues
utilizing alternative hypervisors such as Microsoft Hyper-V or
XenServer on the same hardware.

System Information:

Linux Kernel 4.0.4
QEMU 2.3.0
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (fam: 06, model: 17, stepping: 0a)

What other information can I provide to help track down the root cause
of this issue?  Thank you for your time.

Sincerest Regards,

Jonathan Panozzo