RE: One off question: Hot vertical scaling of a KVM?

Bandan-

Thank you for the quick response and for your time.

 To answer your question, yes, we have a need to dynamically increase the available RAM that a KVM guest has available to it. i.e. change from 16GB to 32GB with minimal or no interruption of service.

I have taken a look at Qemu and from what I can tell however it seems to only allow for the dynamic increase of processors(s) and their speed(s), or am I missing something here?

Do you know of any similar program that would allow for the scaling of RAM for one node\guest?

We are looking to implement this solution in an OpenStack cloud.

Thanks again.

v.