I still lose mouse focus (partial grab failure)

Sorry to be beating a dead horse, but I have gotten some mail from people with similar problems, and asking if I have a solution.

The problem is loss of mouse focus (but not keyboard) running VMs under KVM. My systems are all Fedora and GNOME, but range from FC6 on i6600 with KVM-45 to FC9 and FC10 on assorted multi-core Intel and AMD 64bit CPUs, all in 32 bit mode. It happens with Linux, XP, and Windows7, using single or smp modes, and doing Linux boots with various clock sources.

After running for a time, sometimes seconds and sometimes many minutes, the mouse will lose focus and operate in the host space. This happens whether running full screen or in a window (not a VNC issue as suggested by one person). The keyboard remains in the VM, and when in a window the label still suggests Cntl-Alt to toggle grab.

Essentially identical problems have been reported in Ubuntu and SuSE on some of the other lists and boards I have been using. Now that I have many VMs running (server consolidation) this has gone from annoying to a serious time waster.

Another possibly related issue is rare keystroke issues, where a single keystroke will be missed or repeated. That only happens a few times a day, but it is common to all machines.

Suggestions, workarounds, or further confirmations welcome.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>