KVM: how about performance?

Hi guys,
     I'm a great fan of KVM and Linux!

I wanted to know if somebody can share some hard numbers about current
KVM performance, with respect to industry standard benchmarks. I can't
seem to find anything in this area.

VMware claims scalability up to 8 vCPUs, the ability to sustain 100
KIO/s, a given number of network packets/s and so on. Comparison with
native performance also show good numbers, when running SPEC, SAP, TPC
workloads.

So, how are we placed here?

I would like to know some numbers, if anybody has some.

Since it is almost impossible to find any KVM related number on real
world workloads, it would be good to know why. Is it due to KVM still
being in heavy developement?

Many thanks in advance!