Re: kvm-autotest -- introducing kvm_runtest_2

* Michael Goldish <mgoldish@xxxxxxxxxx> [2009-03-12 09:04]:

> > yep, used stepeditor to fix; defintely worth documenting where one
> > should be invoking stepeditor -- from the steps dir; if you don't run
> > it from there, it won't find the steps_data dir =(
>
> Are you absolutely sure about that? That's not the way it's supposed
> to be. I tried running it on several machines and it worked every time
> regardless of where I invoked it from. Since it resides in the
> kvm_runtest_2 dir, I usually just change to that directory and type
> ./stepeditor.py. Then I use file->open and pick the steps file, and it
> works.

You're right, it was the stepfile that I opened since the data dir
variable is created from the name of the stepfile.

> If you have a very recent version, you should have a dir named
> "steps_data" under "kvm_runtest_2", right next to "steps". Inside
> "steps_data" you should have the data dirs. For "steps/RHEL5.steps"

I've got whatever is latest in the public repo.

> the corresponding data dir would be "steps_data/RHEL5.steps_data/".
> If you have a slightly older version, you should have the data dirs
> inside the "steps" dir, next to the stepfiles themselves. For
> "steps/RHEL5.steps", the corresponding data dir would be
> "steps/RHEL5.steps_data/".
>
> > I'll have to go back and re-read your email on where to put the
> > reference ppm files so one gets the refrence comparision.
>
> The paragraph above applies to the reference comparison as well.

OK, cool.

> > Right - I suppose it might be better if the names of the windows iso
> > disks matched how MS names them in MSDN, for example, kvm_runtest
> > refers
> > to  Windows2008-x64.iso  which doesn't match any name from MSDN, what
> > we
> > have is:
> > en_windows_server_2008_datacenter_enterprise_standard_x64_dvd_X14-26714.iso
>
> This is a very good idea. I wonder how we can find out the MSDN names
> of the ISOs we have.  > BTW, did the ISO you mentioned work with
> kvm_runtest?

MSDN lists the md5 and maybe sha1 hashs for the isos on the website
where they are downloaded.

That iso works until the step where it needs to set the password for the
user, and as we've discussed, without the original ppm files, I can't
figure out why it fails to match that screen.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx