Re: bridge mode without network rework

On 19/12/2014 11:59, tlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Since we decided not to go with KVM due to stability issue, we could let this go, thanks.

That's a pity.  That said, your decision to not go with KVM due to
stability is a bit strange:

1) unless you are using open source Xen, you are presumably going for a
commercial solution that would cost you money anyway.  Have you thought
of asking for commercial support, either from Canonical (since you were
using Ubuntu) or from anyone else?

2) I saw now that you were using 3.13.  I'm sorry for not having noticed
that early, but have you tried upgrading the kernel?  There is a known
bug with Ivy Bridge EP and hv_vapic, but it's fixed on newer kernels
(3.16).  If you are not going to pay anyone for support, you probably
should have thought about this yourself.  If you hadn't thought about
it, and you are going for an open source solution (which I hope), you
probably should re-evaluate the plan of not paying anyone for support,
either a company or someone with enough expertise.

Paolo