Re: can I make this work… (Foundation for accessibility project)

On 11/20/2014 4:48 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

On 20/11/2014 17:28, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
I'm accustomed to lesser performance on virtual machines. That's the
hazard of a running on old and slow laptop  (dell e6400 (2.2ghz core
duo, 8gb ram)[1]) but even virtual box is not this slow.  So what am I
doing wrong? It would be nice to use a slow machine like this as many
handcrips don't have a whole lot of resources for buying newer/faster
machines. On the other hand, many of them use desktops and work from one
place whereas someone like me is all over the map (quite literally).
How did you start the virtual machine?  Perhaps you're not using KVM but
emulation?  I have a fast machine but slow disk (a NAS on 100 MBit
ethernet) and I can do about 15 automated installations in less than 6
hours.

Are you using libvirt or directly invoking QEMU?

I was using one of the GUIs ( less hand stress than trying to assemble a commandline). Unfortunately I'm in Windows 8 right now because I'm writing. I'm very sure the GUI was http://virt-manager.org/ I tried a different one but it kept telling me I only had QEMU I thought "silly program, that can't be right". Someday I will not argue with software or small electronic boxes. They don't care who wins and they are much more stubborn than I am.

I'll be able to run some tests in about 2 to 3 hours after I finish this document. Let me know what I should look at? on a side note, a pointer to an automated install process would be wonderful.