Re: can I make this work… (Foundation for accessibility project)

On 20/11/2014 17:28, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> I'm accustomed to lesser performance on virtual machines. That's the
> hazard of a running on old and slow laptop  (dell e6400 (2.2ghz core
> duo, 8gb ram)[1]) but even virtual box is not this slow.  So what am I
> doing wrong? It would be nice to use a slow machine like this as many
> handcrips don't have a whole lot of resources for buying newer/faster
> machines. On the other hand, many of them use desktops and work from one
> place whereas someone like me is all over the map (quite literally).

How did you start the virtual machine?  Perhaps you're not using KVM but
emulation?  I have a fast machine but slow disk (a NAS on 100 MBit
ethernet) and I can do about 15 automated installations in less than 6
hours.

Are you using libvirt or directly invoking QEMU?

Paolo