Re: Seeking a KVM benchmark

Hi Paolo,
On 11/17/14, 8:04 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

On 17/11/2014 13:00, Wanpeng Li wrote:
Sorry, maybe I didn't state my question clearly. As Avi mentioned above
"In VMX we have VPIDs, so we only need to flush if EFER changed between
two invocations of the same VPID", so there is only one VPID if the
guest is UP, my question is if there need a TLB flush when guest's EFER
has been changed?
Yes, because the meaning of the page table entries has changed.

So both VMX EFER writes and non-VMX EFER writes cause a TLB flush for UP guest, is there still a performance improvement in this case?

Regards,
Wanpeng Li

Paolo