Re: VNC with KVM-84 doesn't work

Florent wrote:
Anthony Liguori a écrit :
You cannot combine -curses and -vnc.

Simple dummy questions:
Why cannot we combine visualization options?
In other words, what prevent forks of back-end video message processing in order to have multiple views of the same virtual machines at the same time?

And the corollary is:
Why cannot we switch on/off available visualizations (ncurses, vnc, sdl) at runtime (for instance: using the monitor)? I mainly use VM as services: they are started with vnc display without any viewer attached, this configuration allows local and remote accesses to the VM display. But this configuration is static. Sometimes, I would like to enable the SDL viewer without restarting the whole VM.

There is an effort to make the video subsystem in QEMU more dynamic to support the sort of features you're talking about it. We're slowly getting there. It's just a matter of developer effort being a finite resource.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

- Florent